If you’re in the Tri-state area, I highly recommend checking out the BattleFrog race designed by the U.S. Navy Seals at the Raceway Park in Englishtown, New Jersey! This is a fun, “Fit for the Future” challenge for the entire family, yes, even the little ones.
There’s a TadPole Dash, which is for 4-8 year olds. This course has 8+ obstacles through 400 meters of fun. Children will learn they can take on these new challenges all while having fun in the mud.
Navy SEALs run the race with the kids, motivating them, entertaining them and helping them over the tough spots. They also inspire them with the spirit of never quitting, teamwork and always trying to do your best. You can start a lifetime love of fitness and competition at the Tadpole Dash.
Have a little bit older kids? Don’t worry, there’s a BullFrog Mile course for kids ages 8-13. There is ten full-size obstacles with a manageable distance of 1 mile. They entail mud crawls, climbing walls, slip and slides and a “boot camp” military fitness exercise. All with Navy SEAL motivation throughout the course as your kids work with other racers as an individual or on a team. The BullFrog Mile combines the right amount of challenge with the right amount of fun.
For those 13 and up, check out the BattleFrog 8k course, which is a great course for people of all fitness levels. The approximate 8K course will take you through 22+ SEAL-inspired obstacles that use air, land and water to test your body, mind and spirit. This course will definitely test your limits and the variety will keep you interested and entertained!
After Finishing Your Course…
- Cross the line and receive a banana, water, protein bar and beer (if 21 and older)
- Full festival after with free wine tasting, beer for purchase, and music.
- Portrait Station: Take advantage of their professional portrait station and grab a free photo you’ll want to use for your next #ThrowbackThursday photo! These portrait photos will be posted in an album on the BattleFrog Facebook page within a week of your race.
Location: Old Bridge Township Raceway Park Inc, 230 Pension Rd., Englishtown, NJ 07726
Even if you’re not in the area, they do have races throughout the country at different dates and times. Be sure to check those out! I’d love to participate with my husband since it looks fun, but unfortunately there’s none on the west coast.
I even have a discount code for you all to get it at a cheaper rate. Just fill out this form and enter the promo code from this post. Score!
- Valid for ALL BattleFrog Races with no expiration;
- Includes Virtual Race for $5 Off
- Not Valid for Spectator Passes
- Each Referral Members Receive $5 Commission
- Excludes Spectator Passes
- Use your 40% Off code to receive commission ( Xtreme: $20, Open Adult 8K: $15, Open Youth: $10, Elite: $10, TadPole: $5, BullFrog: $5
- 40% Off lasts until 6.21.2015.
- After you will use your Field Team Code (Works for Elite, BFX & Open 8K Waves)
How about you; will you participate?