“I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.”
I can’t tell you how unskilled I was in the cooking department when I first met my husband. Recipes weren’t my thing if they weren’t from a box which obviously wasn’t the greatest thing to prepare and eat. And don’t even get me started on oils, which ones are good and which ones are bad. I know now that canola oil should be avoided at all costs because it’s synthetically made, and here I’d go for that one over vegetable oil because I knew corn was genetically modified. Now that I’ve done my own research and can cook something outside of the box, one of my go-to oils is extra virgin olive oil.
Olive oil is such a lovely addition to any meal but what I did not know much was the process that olives go through in order to offer a supreme product. Flavor for Life introduced me to Le Stagioni d’ Italia 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
About Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Extra virgin olive oil is made by pressing olive oil, without heat or chemicals; it’s known as the first cold-pressed olive oil.
- Olive oils are tested for peroxide values. Lower values indicate fresher oil and more rapid processing.
- Extra virgin olive oil is virtually free of acidity—below 0.8%. If the percentage of oleic acid (fatty acid) is too high, it indicates improper production and rancidity.
- A panel of trained, expert tasters tests for taste defects and the presence of positive attributes of fruitiness, bitterness, and spiciness. If the oil doesn’t have the signature fruity taste and harmonious balance, it won’t receive an Extra Virgin rating.
- Extra virgin olive oil has a high smoking point of 400°F, so it is suitable for cooking and baking.
- Between use, store your oil somewhere dark and cool (around 57°F, if possible), not on the counter or near a stove, and never in the refrigerator. Keep the lid screwed on tight, and use your oil within six months of opening.
About Le Stagioni d’ Italia
• Le Stagioni d’ Italia takes great pride in bringing authentic Italian foods from seed to shelf, selecting seeds, harvesting crops, and packaging foods in their state-of-the-art production facilities in Northern Italy.
• Le Stagioni d’ Italia’s short, fully traceable supply chain is guaranteed sustainability and the great care they take with processing creates exceptional taste.
• 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the first cold-pressed olive oil from the first round of extraction of fresh, intact olives—it has not been heated during processing, so it retains its full nutritional value.
• Harvested in Italy, it is vegan, gluten-free, and contains no additives or preservatives.
• It has a robust flavor of artichoke and almond, with a medium bitter and spicy aftertaste, as well as a green, ripe, fruity aroma with a leafy feel.
• 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil typically retails for $19.99 for a 500 mL
Did you know?
Le Stagioni d’ Italia means “the seasons of Italy” in Italian. The name represents the connection to nature and land, which is the heart of their agricultural business. Le Stagioni d’ Italia guarantees sustainable farming practices and has great respect for the farmers that harvest their crops.