I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
A little unknown fact about me, I am not big on pasta. I know, I know. Pasta is a huge staple in many homes. I do eat it occasionally but not a whole lot. That’s why I was excited to try out the new Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto sauce since it can be used on just about anything and not just pasta dishes.
I have trouble coming up with new and exciting things to eat for breakfast outside of the normal hashbrowns, eggs, and bacon/sausage. I decided to try a little bit of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto sauce on top of some toast with a sunny-side-up egg and avocado. It was so good!
Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto is a flavor-packed, versatile, and convenient pantry staple that satisfies cravings for Italian food.
Since its beginnings in Parma, Italy in 1877, four generations of the Barilla family have been passing down the secrets to great-quality pesto. Barilla pesto sauce delivers a burst of Italian flavor to a wide range of dishes including pasta, pizza, sandwiches, fish, chicken, vegetables, and many other delicious recipes! The Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know-how. All of their products and brands bring to the world foods that are joyful, healthy, honest, and inspired by the Italian lifestyle and the Mediterranean diet.
• Imported from Parma, Italy, it’s made with fragrant Italian basil and freshly grated Italian cheese.
• Creamy Genovese Pesto has a creamy, smooth texture and savory taste, making it ideal for stirring into pasta and grains, spreading on sandwiches, marinating meats and vegetables, or using it as a dip.
• To preserve the natural color of basil and the fresh aroma of Italian Cheese, Barilla minimizes the handling of ingredients and rapidly prepares their recipe in as little as three hours from the start of ingredient preparation to the tightening of the lid.
• With Creamy Genovese Pesto, a little goes a long way; one 6.2-ounce jar of pesto mixes well with 16 ounces of pasta.
• A 6.2-ounce jar of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto typically retails for $3.29.
You can find Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto is available to purchase at Target (SuperTarget), Publix, Stop & Shop (Super Stop & Shop), Meijer, ShopRite, Hy-Vee, Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, and more. To find a store near you, visit