“This is a sponsored conversation from Mums the Word Network and Amwell. All opinions are my own”
Before I got pregnant, I hardly ever went to the doctor. I just didn’t feel the need to waste my time by sitting in an office waiting to be called, then sitting in the exam room for a half an hour waiting to be seen for something trivial that could possibly be handled by just dealing with it at home. By dealing with it, I mean contacting Amwell, which is a site with real doctors who call or video chat you to help you out with a diagnoses based on your symptoms.
How awesome is it to not waste gas, bring the kids, or sit around and wait forever?
Reasons to Use Amwell
- Lower cost. Consumers expect online visits to be cost-savers; with in-office visits costing, on average, $82 for first-time patients according to the Healthcare Blue Book, Amwell offers a $49 physician visit – a savings of $33. Great option for students in college looking for cost-effective healthcare or those between jobs and without insurance.
- Accessibility. After hours, on weekends and in the middle of the night (24/7/365) availability. Great for those who do have transportation or when you don’t feel well enough to drive and those who are newly relocated and don’t have providers yet.
- Convenience. Consumers are looking for a faster appointment. Now they don’t need to schedule an appointment nor do they need to wait to be seen, especially if on vacation or business travel. The doctor can be seen from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Quick prescriptions. Consumers would rather have an online video visit than an in-office visit to obtain common primary care prescriptions.
- Peace of mind. Rather than self-diagnosing or visiting a social forum for medical advice, users can obtain second opinions directly from board certified, licensed doctors.
I’ve been feeling like I have a UTI, so I decided to hop on Amwell and contact a specialist. I described my symptoms and they are prescribing me antibiotics. It’s as quick and as simple as that.
Having a little one makes it hard to do anything let alone visiting a doctor’s office. I’ll be using Amwell from now on for all of my basic needs.
Follow the link and use this code (HEALTHY16) to get your first visit for only a $1!