I decided since I had gained about 15lbs back of what I originally lost 2 years ago doing Nutrisystem that I needed to start doing something about it before it gets more out of control than it already has this last year. My sister told me about this low carb high fat way of eating which intrigued me, and wasn’t too different than the paleo that I wanted to start. So I decided to get my butt in gear, bought all of the food I would need and gave it a go on May 31st. I have lost about 4.5lbs since then and all I did was cut my carbs down to 30g or less a day and get rid of sugar. This way of eating sends your body into Ketosis, which gets rid of the fat, rather than stores it.
Anyways, since I can’t have any bread, potatoes, or anything else with high carbs; I decided I better purchase some coconut flour since I love love love pancakes and anything with breading to satisfy my cravings without hindering my weight loss progress.
Low Carb Coconut Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- A pinch of Stevia or more for desired sweetness
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Coconut oil or butter for cooking.
- Preheat griddle/pan on medium heat.
- Crack eggs into bowl and mix completely until whites are not seen or until frothy. Mix in milk and stevia.
- Add Coconut flour, baking soda and salt and whisk together until all clumps are gone.
- Grease pan with coconut oil or butter and ladle a few scoops of batter into pan for each pancake. The pancakes will be thick so you may want to flatten them down with a spatula if you prefer to have them cooked all the way through.
- Once you start to see little bubbles appear on the top of the pancake, its time to flip it and cook the other side for a couple minutes.
- Top it off with some sugar free syrup, butter and what have you.
So yum and very coconut-y!
I added 3 strips of bacon to get in some fat for my breakfast.