I think I am going to start a list for fellow bloggers as a heads up on which companies you shouldn’t work with if they so happen to contact you for sponsored content. I have been slighted out of pay many times and I am about fed up with it. It’s a waste of my time and efforts when working with these shady companies, and I’d hate for you all to waste your time as well. So without further ado…
- GadgetGobbler – Seemed professional, but stopped responding to messages altogether after they were prompt with replies. They never sent payment after post was written up. When companies do this, immediately take their post down or don’t put it live until they pay. Live and learn.
- ScoreBig – They offered to send a $100 promo code to use on their site, which I agreed to, but first, I asked if all their prices were inflated on all events and then brought down to normal prices after you bid on an event. They didn’t respond, obviously because I knew their shady tactic. You’re not really getting a deal on this site at all, its just made to look that way. I know the prices of football games for the Seattle Seahawks and these were twice as much. Obviously they didn’t want me to tell you guys this which is why they failed to give me a reply and the code. Oh well, not my loss.
- Gold Star Tools – This company offered 2 top prizes to a sewing series and giveaway So Sew Easy was running in return for 12 months advertising on her site, sponsored posts and lots of links and mentions. However, they never sent the prizes, despite promises to do so over and over again. It’s been more than 6 months and they have stopped answering emails from her and the two winners altogether. Despicable – avoid them at all costs.
- Mom Bloggers Club – This company is supposed to pay bloggers for sponsored content. She does not pay for months and/or sometimes never unless you haggle her on social media accounts. She ignores messages and such. Avoid working with her period!
- Garden Botanika – Offered a review and giveaway. They sent the review products right away, lots of communication at first. Then they started emailing LuvSavingMoney, asking when she was doing the review even though she sent them the review link multiple times. She even tweeted it to them. Then when it came time to fulfill the winner’s prize they never did. She emailed, tweeted, used the contact form on their site, everything she could think of. Her winner never got their prize.
- Vinylzone and Wallabaloos – (owned by the same people) They failed to send out giveaway prize. Probably not in business anymore.
- DayByDayBeauty – YoungWorkatHomeMoms said they failed to pay for a sponsored post even though they agreed to it through the Tomoson platform.
If there has been a company that has ripped you off on sponsored content by not sending you payment in any form or just stopped replying to you all together when they/you had every intention of working together, add a comment below and I will add them to the list a.s.a.p.